Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday's Suggestion: Make a return

So how did my CVS trip turn out this week? It was a true money maker. I went into the store armed with coupons and a specific list of items and walked out with $8.45. How did I do it? I'll tell you. I bought over $62 worth of items most of which were on sale and then used coupons and my Extra Bucks to pay for it all. I also returned two items and ended up getting a refund for $2.45 more than I paid, plus I earned $6 in Extra Bucks.

What did I buy????

2 All Small & Mighty laundry detergents for $10, earned $2 in EBs.

4 Glade candles for $12, minus $2 in coupons, earned $4 in EBs.

2 Cadbury Eggs on sale for $1.

1 Multi-pack of headbands on clearance sale for $1.37

2 L'oreal under eye concealers for $14.98 after BIG150%, used two $3 coupons to bring the price to $8.98.

1 Gatorade for $1.98.

I used my 25% off coupon, $4 off a $20 purchase, $5 beauty rewards EBs, $6.58 EBs and $7 EBs to bring my total out of pocket cost to $12.53. I later went back to CVS and returned the L'oreal  items and received a refund for the original sale price. In the end I was paid $2.45 by CVS and I earned another $6 in EBs, plus I scanned my CVS card at the coupon center and got another $4 off $20 purchase coupon and a $3 off Physician 's Formula makeup coupon.

This has definitely been my most successful couponing adventure to date. I can't wait to see what I can do next week . . . . .look out CVS here I come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Great trip. :) Love that you had the 25% off and $4/$20...those are great to have! I saw you linked up at Simply CVS, and would like to invite you to link up over at my new blog Julie Saving Money

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Those $4/20's make a big difference. I used to get them all the time and haven't had one now for a year or so. But they really help. Great trip!! Thanks for linking up your CVS shopping trip at Simply CVS.