Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday's Saving Score

I went through my coupons this morning and planned out a trip to pick up some deals that end today.  I ended up not buying a few things on my list because they were out of stock, but I did stumble across some even better deals. Check out what I got! 





First stop Harris Teeter: 


Out of Pocket (OOP) = $7.20 with tax
Total Savings = $18.74

I bought:

(6) Maxwell House Coffee Refills  $4.29 x 6 = $25.74

There was a sale- Buy 5 for $10, but I bought 6 so it was $12I got a special HT Kraft deal of buy 5 products for $8 bringing the price to 6 for $10.
I used (3) $1/2 mfr coupon any Maxwell House product bringing the price to 6 for $7.20 w/ tax


It turns out there is no limit on the Kraft deal (5 for $8) because I also bought 5 refills yesterday. I should have waited to buy because I had coupons coming in the mail, but I still saved a lot, so I'm not too upset. I have 8 coupons left, so it looks like I'll be headed back to HT before the sale ends on Wednesday.  By then I think I'll have enough coffee to get me through the whole year . . . WOW!




Next stop Food Lion: 

Out of Pocket (OOP) = $8.58 with tax
Total Savings = $24.10

I bought:

(10) Hefty plastic storage bags of varying sizes and prices. 
There was a sale- Buy 10 for $10, but I bought 10. 
I used (1) $1/2 mfr coupon bringing the price to 10 for $9. 

I searched all the boxes and found 8 with $.15 peelies bring the price to 10 for $8.58 w/ tax.



You'll notice there are 12 boxes in the picture. The other two boxes came from Walgreens which had the 18ct. Freezer quart size on clearance for $1.39 each and they had the $.15 peelies on them. I paid $2.70, savings $4.10 which is still a good deal but not as good as above. 





No comments: